Terms and Conditions
1. Contest is only open to residents of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec.
2. You must have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside at the time of entry to enter this Contest. Entries made by those under the age of majority will be disqualified.
3. To enter this Contest, at any time during the Contest Period (as defined below), entrants must go to the Barbie CA Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/barbiecanada and visit the post at https://www.facebook.com/barbiecanada/photos/a.566026203514171/3483667681749994/?type=1&theater and comment on the post to enter the contest. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods, will void that entrant’s submission, and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply and are your responsibility. Any potential winner is subject to verification before prize is awarded.
4. All entries must be submitted between 1pm EST on Monday 23rd November 2020 and 11pm EST on Wednesday 2nd December 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
5. Any images, comments or other entries deemed inappropriate will be removed from the Contest.
6. By entering this Contest, your entry automatically becomes content that may be published by Mattel and any of its related companies or partners for any purpose (including for commercial or promotional use), in perpetuity, worldwide and in any media whatsoever, including online, without any compensation to, or notice or approval required from you.
7. Prize pack:
1 x signed Tessa Virtue Barbie Doll (ARV $39.99 CDN).
8. The potential winner will be selected by way of a random draw to be held at the office of Agency2, London, UK on Thursday 3rd December 2020. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No entrant is eligible to receive more than one prize.
9. The potential winner will be contacted on or around Thursday 3rd December 2020 by way of a comment replying to their entry and via a Facebook private message. The potential winner must contact Mattel via the private message in order to claim their prize. The awarding of any prize is subject to prior verification of eligibility and the execution by the potential winner of a declaration and release form which must be received by Mattel within no more than five (5) days following the date on which Mattel has replied to their entry to notify them that they are a potential winner, failing which their prize is forfeited. In addition, eligible entrants selected in the draw will need to complete a time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question prior to being awarded their prize.
10. The winning entry will be announced in the form of a comment under the Contest post on the Facebook page on or around Thursday 10th December 2020.
11. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the potential winner to send them the Contest declaration and release form, but if this cannot be achieved within 48 hours of initial notification, Mattel reserves the right, but is not obliged, to withdraw the prize entitlement and award it to another entrant.
12. No cash or other alternative prizes are available. All prizes are subject to availability and Mattel reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, in its discretion.
13. Internet access is required to enter. No postal entries will be accepted.
14. The prizes are for the winner only and are non- transferrable.
15. Employees and their immediate families of Mattel, its agents, third parties, and anyone else professionally connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
16. Mattel accepts no responsibility for content that is lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical reason.
17. Mattel shall not be liable for any interruption to this competition due to forces out of Mattel’s control.
18. By entering the Contest, the participant agrees to release Mattel, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the prize or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by Mattel’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law (collectively, the “Losses”)). By entering, the participant further agrees to release Facebook, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all Losses.
19. Data Protection: Participants’ personal details will be kept confidential at all times (other than those personal details that participants choose to post publicly on Facebook or otherwise in connection with the Contest) and in accordance with all applicable privacy laws. Mattel will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the Contest and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Please see our Privacy Statement at http://corporate.mattel.com/privacy-policy.aspx.
20. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By participating in this Contest, you agree that you are providing your information to Mattel and not to Facebook.
21. The sponsor of this Contest is Mattel Canada Inc. (“Mattel”) located at Mattel Canada, Inc., 6155 Freemont Blvd., Mississauga, ON L5R 3W2.